Tuesday, April 18, 2006

 

Exciting Data Warehouse Conference

The April 13 Data Warehouse Conference by the Data Management Forum was a very successful and exciting event!
I recommend everyone examine Bill Inmon's new DW2.0 (TM) concept that raises the profile of metadata in the data warehouse.
I gave a talk on how the FEA DRM standardizes the metadata of data architecture. I will post the brief shortly. Especially important is my recent work on the V0.3 version of the DRM XML Schema (both XSD and RDF compliant). It is important to remember that the XML for the FEA DRM is to enable DRM-compliant metadata registry/repositories to share DRM metadata and NOT a mandate to "XML-ify" everything in the universe (though I have been wrongfully accused of trying to do that).

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?